Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving (Might be my last)

When I say might be my last I mean I don't enjoy cooking it because i do all the shopping , the prep, cooking and cleaning so you see why i'm not so keen into it. Next year I think i'm going to check out the Golden Corral buffet  I have heard great things about it and maybe see a movie. Now the only reason I cooked this year was because my mom was in town and she cleaned up THANKS MA!! I was very surprised how great my sweet potatoes came out because I did the lazy version.. canned I  usually bake, peel and slice them make a syrup on the stove then bake oh yeah don't forget the marshmallows! but i just added butter and brown sugar, dinner was good regardless.  After my previous post on pies I went ahead and bought frozen pie crust, I made something new sweet potato pecan pie I loved it, here's the recipe for that and a picture of that and my juicy turkey.

Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans



  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Prepare dough for one 9 inch pie. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
  3. Blend together the butter, sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt, corn syrup and evaporated milk. Pour filling into crust and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
  4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean. Set aside to cool.





1 comment:

  1. Great post. I love the photos! Your pie looks delish and I am going to try it soon. Like you, I used to start my sweet potatoes from scratch then one day I made a dessert with canned for a contest. They were great so I most often use canned now.

    ReplyDelete